Nice One KFC ?

We finally meet! Chomp, chomp:)
In the evenings at our local KFC, the Double Down Sandwich is always SOLD OUT, so I was extremely excited to find that the last time I visited the chain for dinner, the 'controversial' sandwich was finally available. Good thing I still had a few hundred pesos on the wallet and so, at last, I managed to be able to try THE EPIC Double Down.
-
To those who still do not know what a Double Down is , although I doubt that since Pinoys love to eat anything even if it's high blood inducing,( uhmm --- especially if it's high blood inducing!), the Double Down is " one-of-a-kind sandwich [that] features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce. This product is so meaty, there’s no room for a bun! ". (words taken from the KFC site)
-
Anyways, to start, I opened the sandwich wrap and the oil was literally dripping down the wrapper. To be honest I was worried by the dripping oil and it's effect on my cholesterol levels but I was also excited to take a bite. I started taking pictures to document. At first I thought, how come this sandwich looks so much bigger in the ads and posters? However, halfway through, I was already thinking.. "How am I ever going to finish this?".. meaning, it was kind of big a meal for me. I started craving for rice or any type of carbs to eat with the meat since I only ordered the sandwich. The taste? Well, it's KFC chicken so of course it's alright. It's a little too salty though what with the bacon and the sauce and the cheese so my suggestion for those who want to try it would be to order some fries, or potatoes or maybe, rice. I wish I tried it with rice. (Haha I am a proud Pinoy who loves my rice). Anyway, to be honest there isn't anything special with the Double Down burger. But in all fairness, at the time I ate this sandwich, I was not entirely hungry, I ate something else before. Also, my brother totally loves the Double Down so I guess we each have our opinions on it's taste. One thing's for sure, it's total winner in the KFC menu. So overall I think they did a great job marketing the chicken sandwich.
-
I don't recommend it though to people who have high-cholesterol-related ailments. I am a person who doesn't usually care about fatty content when I eat since I also love deep fried food. But this one was really dripping with oil which is kind of worrisome. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that or the cook just wasn't able to drain the fat properly before serving.I hope they should be responsible enough next time to wipe off the excess oil.
-
This is also not great to eat when you're trying to impress a date. The chicken sticks on your teeth ! hahaha. Total LOL moment for me since I was unable to bring my hygiene kit(containing toothbrush) and I had to be somewhere else. I needed to meet people afterwards so I kept sucking at my teeth hoping that no chicken fibers remain stuck there. I know it's disgusting so sorry!
-
Well that was my Double Down experience. Hope that you share yours.

1 comment:

Tim | Every Peso Counts said...

My personal take on KFC Double down is... It's not so good... And I think (and it's just me) that the "sold out" thing was just a gimmick. I never repeated buying this thing again. It looked very unhealthy and after a few bites, I already wanted to throw up... There's just too many meat in there... Definitely not for the high blood pressured as you said...